We are currently in uncertain times with the coronavirus, however rest assured that ARC is both well equipped and prepared to deal with welcoming the public back onto our site. We ask that all visitors adhere to the following guidance:
- Anyone with any symptoms of Covid 19 or anyone who has been in close proximity to anyone who is symptomatic or has tested positive must not visit Aberdeen Riding Club.
- At this time we are unable to take therapy riders or beginner riders who require more physical assistance for mounting, however we will be trying to get you guys back as soon as we can!
- Only riders who are booked in for a private lesson may enter the building with other household members who wish to spectate.
- Riders must be pre-booked for all lessons and make payment by contactless method (by card over the phone/bank transfer/contactless payment in person).
- Entry is strictly through the reception main doors as we are operating a one way foot traffic system.
- Visitors must wash their hands on arrival. There are male, female and disabled toilet and hand washing facilities in the reception area with hand wash and paper towels.
- The coffee seating area is closed, although visitors can use the hot drinks vending machine. There are wipes and paper towels beside the machine to allow you to clean the buttons prior to your use.
- Social distancing within the building is to be strictly adhered to. The layout of ARC easily allows 2 metres distance between everyone in the building, however we have marked out 6 metre bays between the girders to give everyone extra space.
- There are two hand sanitising stations within the building and a further hand washing facility in the disabled toilet beside the riding school stables.
The tack provided on your horse will already have been cleaned – the reins, stirrup leathers and irons are swapped between riders.
- We are not insisting that riders wear gloves – this is personal preference. However if you are wearing gloves please still follow good biosecurity – the less you touch, the lower the risk.
- Riders can either get their horse from the stable themselves, or our staff will get the horse – if our staff are getting the horse, please respect social distancing with our staff members.
- Our staff have the following PPE on their person at all times – : soft masks, disposable gloves and hand sanitiser. Our policy with staff is that whilst coaching they can choose if they wish to wear the PPE. We are insisting on regular hand washing and full PPE (including face shields and aprons if necessary) if the staff have to provide First Aid.
- Our First Aid stations now also contain face shields and aprons.
- When leaving the building, please use the external door prior to the main reception doors to ensure the one way system.
- Hands must be fully washed before leaving the building.
We thank all our members for their support during this period and look forward to welcoming you all back.